Thursday, May 07, 2009

Yucaipa Fire Approaches Houses in Chapman Heights

The fire currently burning on the north side of Oak Glen Road appears to be approaching the approaching the houses along Blue Grass Road in the Chapman Heights housing development. CDF firefighters are out in force, and there is a helicopter and fire-retardant-dropping plane trying to battle it back.

I hope those of you that live in the neighborhood below the Jerry Lewis soccer fields are safe.

These photos were taken just before 5pm (click for larger image):




6:30 PM Update: It looks like the fire is mostly out, and it didn't reach any houses. Thank you CDF!

Tags: , ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Peggy,

Unrelated but I emailed you to see if you were okay like a month or two ago. Hope all is well.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Peggy K said...

Hi Jessie. I'm doing OK. Your email was probably lost in my seriously overflowing inbox. I'll drop you an email.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home