Monday, January 07, 2008

Local Blogging and Resolutions for the New Year

One of the fun things about blogging is meeting people I would otherwise have never met. Most of my acquaintances are electronic only, with our only contact through blog comments or e-mails or Facebook messages. That's why it felt like a bit of a special occasion on Saturday when I met Jessie, a former Yucaipan and current Beaumont blogger, in real life. You should check out her blog and her book about healthy eating, Eat Your Colors (recently profiled in the News Mirror).

Anyway, she encouraged me to write more about my personal experiences and thoughts. Way back in ought six, when I started this blog I had a bit more of that, but over time it just kind of petered out. So that's my New Year's resolution, gentle readers, more blogging about my personal view of Yucaipa. Stay tuned!

(Oh, and one of the things we talked about was self-promotion, so in that spirit: if you have a geeky and/or nerdy bent, you might want to check out one of my other blogs, Women in Science or Biology in Science Fiction)

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh hey, linkage! Oh, and Yucaipa photos would be really great as well, thats what you can use the flickr for.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

More photos are great like the ones you posted on your Road Less Traveled blog would be cool.

Glad you will be blogging more sis, but only on this blog?

Brian
AtomicBearPress.com

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home